Lighthouse Financial Advice for UNISON members

Lighthouse Financial Advice

General Surgery - Tuesday 12th September 2017

UNISON Branch Office, 4 Burleigh Court, Barnsley, S70 1XY

30 mins consultation with an advisor to assist with a range of financial issues:

  • Financial Protection

  • Pensions

  • Saving/Investments

  • Mortgages

For further information or to make an appointment please contact the Branch Office on 01226 772988 or email


Legal help for UNISON members

UNISON provides quality legal services for employment-related and non-work issues at no extra cost to members and their family. In fact, UNISON provides the broadest range of legal help to union members in the UK.

What do UNISON legal services cover?

Employment advice

Personal injury service – covers any accident which happens either outside or in the workplace, including assaults at work and industrial disease claims as well as road traffic accidents and accidents on holiday.

Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) claims for work-related injury due to a violent crime

Work-related criminal offences

Wills – free wills service for members, with reduced rates for family members;

Conveyancing – discounted for members and their family members;

Clinical negligence – free screening service to assess a potential legal claim for members affected by clinical negligence for members and their family members.

Free legal advice on any non-employment issue from UNISON’s lawyers. This service entitles you to receive a 30-minute telephone interview.

Access to legal services

Although Thompsons Solicitors are UNISON’s approved legal firm for certain legal services, you must contact UNISON directly to get free access to these services.

To qualify for legal services you must have been a member of UNISON for at least four weeks when the need for the legal assistance arises. You also need to be up-to-date with payments for your membership subscription.

A number of our legal services are also available to family members for free or at reduced rates.

Contact us

  • For employment issues contact your local rep or branch.
  • For all other services the simplest way to access most of our legal services is by calling UNISONdirect.